- This event has passed.
FaithTech #HACK Silicon Valley
October 19, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - October 20, 2018 @ 8:30 pm
This is where faith meets action. Hackathons are a perfect setting where technology, missions, and faith are directly linked in a fun community atmosphere.
In the last two years, the Indigitous #HACK events have seen more than 2,100 creatives, coders, strategists, and leaders from 70 cities collaborating on 125 projects of missional importance.
Join us in Palo Alto on October 19th-20th when we tackle local and global challenges, finding technology solutions that move the mission of Jesus forward. Space is limited, so be sure to register early!
Tracks: This year we are holding two efforts in parallel at the same location. Sign up for whichever suits you best:
- Hackathon: Join alongside 37 cities around the world as you bring new product innovations to reality with great organizations like Cherish Uganda, who brings hope to children living with HIV. Or, bring your own ideas and work alongside peers with other great organizations to steward your time and talents.
- Design Sprint: Using Life Church’s adaptation of Google’s Design Sprint, we will focus on rapidly testing and iterating a number of prototypes in a single day in order to help Foster the Bay provide a loving home for every child in the Bay Area. (space is limited)
Location: We are honored to host this years gathering at Sacred Space, a coworking space for entrepreneurs, freelancers and spiritual directors. If you require childcare during the event, please email email@example.com and with enough interest this may be accommodated.
Registration: The participation fee will cover your meals during #HACK, but if this is a barrier please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we have supporters willing to sponsor your ticket.
- Friday, October 19th (7:00 PM): Welcome & project pitches
- Saturday, October 20th (8:30 AM): #HACK + design sprint kickoff
- Saturday, October 20th (7:00 PM): Presentations