- This event has passed.
Career-Changing to Analytics
December 6, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Are you looking for a career change to Analytics? Data Analytics, Decision Analytics, Business Analytics etc.
Have you switched recently to Analytics career from something else?
MARK THIS EVENT THEN ON YOUR CALENDAR FOR SURE.
If you are a business analyst or a programmer or a product manager who made that switch recently or looking to make that switch, this event may be the right place to meet some people and trade notes.
Change is inevitable and with new data technologies being unleashed every quarter, career change is becoming constant in our lives, particularly in Silicon Valley.
Not only up and coming new technologies, but a flurry of new start-ups, exciting opportunities at enterprises, and sometimes unforeseen circumstances can initiate change in our jobs, roles and careers.
Join us on this special evening, to get a deeper dive into what is it like to transition to Analytics.
We will have industry experts and leaders share their journey and tell stories to inspire your next move.
– Rohit Mahto – Rohit is the new Director of Product Management at Roku. Till recently he was the Principal Product Manager at Yahoo Search, leading the product strategy and execution for $3B search ads marketplace and worked extensively with people in the analytics side of the house. His data-science driven initiatives have delivered double-digit growth and greatly improved consumer experience. In his previous life – Rohit has worked extensively to grow mobile data, music and subscription service to millions of telco customers. He holds an MBA in Marketing and Bachelors in Electronics & Communications Engineering.
– Dr. Mark Griffin – Director of Insight Research Services Associated. Asia-Pacific Regional Director for the IIBA and Founder/Co-Chair of the IIBA Special Interest Group for Business Analytics. He comes with over 17 years of deep industry experience in Analytics ( Data Science, statistics, information technology, business analysis). He will share his journey with Analytics, how this role can be scaled in different industries, Increasing involvement of Analytics within your career etc. Learn first hand about upcoming IIBA Analytics certification program too.
– Sugeerth Murugesan – Currently deep learning research engineer at a Media startup in San Francisco. Expert in visualization and machine learning and earned his Ph.D. from the Computer Science at UC Davis. Strong research experience at UC Berkeley and graduate fellow of Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
– Pradipti Pal – is an SAP Leonardo expert. She uses her talent to build and maintain “Human Capital Management” solutions for SAP SuccessFactors’ customers. She has worked before at IBM and is an aspiring product manager.
– Ana Manrique de Sevilla- is a Design Manager at IBM in San Jose’s Silicon Valley Lab. She has recently moved to West Coast from East Coast and has 19 years of career in media and marketing design before starting a new life in information technology and analytics. Ana is a Graduate in Communication Design from Parsons School of Design and Strategic Communications from Columbia University.
We will announce more names as we build our list of igniting speakers.
We are open to collecting questions from the attendees to make sure that your questions get answered.
Hosts: Anupam Kundu, Ginny Sikri
PS: Refreshments will be served.
There is a cover charge to attend this event.
A “YES” RSVP on our meetup site does not confirm your reservation.
Space is limited. Please only RSVP “Yes” if you will be attending.
Tickets are available on Eventbrite
Slots are limited. First come, first served!